Diablo 2 Resurrected is a coming back to good old classics. You will need to play much to achieve meaningful results. Some of the best Diablo 2 builds are described in our post here. As for this post, you will find the best starter build for Amazon in Diablo 2. It will let you have a cheap and smooth start.
Lightning Fury Amazon (Javazon)
Javazon is one of the strongest builds that combines melee and ranged attacks. Her thrown javelins (thanks to Lightning Fury) are capable of destroying crowds of demons in 1-2 attacks, also with high AoE damage. When it comes to bosses or champions, her melee attacks (Charged Strike) will quickly get rid of them. The only thing that will create difficulties is the Lightning Immune monsters, but she will cope with them, thanks to the Mercenary and Valkyrie.
- Primary Skills: Lightning Fury and Charged Strike.
- Useful Skills: Valkyrie.
- All Skills:
- Javelin and Spear Skills: Lightning Fury (20), Charged Strike (20), Lightning Strike (1+), Lightning Bolt (1+), Power Strike (1+), Jab (1), Plague Javelin (1), Poison Javelin (1).
- Passive and Magic Skills: Valkyrie (1), Pierce (1), Penetrate (1), Critical Strike (1), Evade (1), Avoid (1), Dodge (1), Decoy (1), Slow Missiles (1), Inner Sight (1).
- Bow and Crossbow Skills: None.
As mentioned above, her main skills are Lightning Fury and Charged Strike. The rest of the skills in Javelin and Spear tree will serve as synergies to increase damage. In the Passive and Magic skill tree, it is worth investing one point in all skills and, together with + to Skills from equipment, this will greatly enhance Amazon.
We should also mention Valkyrie – she, together with Mercenary, will be your front line, distracting the attention of enemies. At the same time, the two of them will help to cope with Lightning Immune monsters. If you find it taking too long to help them with Jab attacks against immunes, you can use a high damage bow. Investing 1 point in Magic Arrow will speed up the process of killing Lightning Immune monsters.
New skills are unlocked at 1, 6,12,18, 24 and 30 levels. Invest one point at a time in the skills recommended below as they become available, and then max out the primary skills. After the basic build is completed, the remaining points can be distributed in any skills you like.
- Level 1: Critical Strike, Jab, Inner Sight.
- Level 6: Power Strike, Dodge, Poison Javelin.
- Level 12: Lightning Bolt, Avoid, Slow Missiles.
- Level 18: Charged Strike, Penetrate, Plague Javelin.
- Level 24: Evade, Decoy.
- Level 30: Lightning Fury, Valkyrie, Pierce, Lightning Strike.
- Order of Maxing Skills: Lightning Fury, Charged Strike.
- Rest Points: Lightning Strike, Lightning Bolt, Power Strike.
Most players level up Strength and Dexterity in order to be able to wear suitable equipment. Energy is ignored (at high levels due to equipment and the increase in mana per level, there are no problems with mana), and the remaining points are invested in Vitality to increase the maximum amount of health.
- Strength: 75-100 (depends on your equipment)
- Dexterity: 125-150 (blocking is important so try to get 70%+ chance to Block)
- Vitality: 250+ (all remaining points)
- Energy: None
- Progression: At low levels put points in Strength and Dexterity to be able to use better equipment. Later in the game you can put some points in Dexterity for reaching high chance to Block. Remaining points put in Vitality.
Considering that this is a starter build, it is implied that the player will not have any good items or Uniques/Runewords, but only equipment that was obtained during levelling. Therefore, there will be only recommendations on what will be most useful for this build.
- Recommended Stats: Increased Defense and Damage, Attack Speed, +X to Skills, Life, Resistances, Mana Leech, Faster Run/Walk. Great modifiers: -% Enemy Lightning Resistance.
- Weapon and Shield: Javelins with high base Damage, +X% to Enhanced Damage, Attack Speed and Replenishes Quantity. Shields with high Chance to Block, Life, Resistances. +to All Skills will be great (or + 1-3 to Javelin and Spear Skills on Amazon Javelins).
- Armor: High Defense stat, Life, Resistances and modifiers such as Attack Speed or Damage Reduction. +to All Skills will be great. For Boots Faster Walk/Run is a good bonus.
- Jewelry: Amulets with +X to All Skills (or +X to Amazon Skills) with Life, Resistances or Mana/Mana Leech. For rings – Life, Resistances or Life/Mana Leech. Recommended to have at least one piece of equipment (jewelry or armor) with Life Leech and Mana Leech.
- Charms: Grand Charms with +1 to Javelin and Spear Skills, other Charms with Life, Mana, Resistances, Faster Hit Recovery or Attributes (if you need more Strength/Dexterity).
- Magic Find: X% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (MF) on items would be a nice bonus. This will help you get good Rare or Unique equipment faster.
Recommended Uniques: Titan’s Revenge (Javelin), Valkyrie Wing (Helm), Laying of Hands (Gloves), Razortail (Belt), War Traveler (Boots), Raven Frost (Ring).
Recommended Runewords: Peace (Armor), Spirit (Shields) and Lore (Helms). Full Starter Runewords list here.
Optimal for this build would be Act 2 Offense Mercenary (Might). He can be recruited in the city in Act 2 (Difficulty Nightmare). Try to equip your mercenary as you level up, so he does not die so often and be useful. Another important feature is that the equipment your mercenary uses does not break, so ethereal items will be perfect.
Good stats for mercenary equipment: damage, life leech, high defense, resistances and damage reduction.
Weapon example: Hone Sundan or Steel Pillar
Armor example: Stone Runeword (Shael + Um + Pul + Lum) or Shaftstop
Helm example: Vampire Gaze or Guillaume’s Face
With this Diablo 2 Amazon Starter Build you will have a chance to complete the game. If you want to see more complicated and better builds read Diablo 2 Resurrected Classes’ Builds or check directly Diablo 2 Amazon Builds.
- 0 Comment
- August 29, 2021