Diablo 2 Resurrected is a coming back to good old classics. You will need to play much to achieve meaningful results. Some of the best Diablo 2 builds are described in our post here. As for this post, you will find the best starter build for Druid in Diablo 2. It will let you have a cheap and smooth start.
Wind Druid simple and fun build to play. He has pretty good damage, both Physical and Cold. This allows him to deal with the immune monster without too much difficulty. Thanks to AoE spells, it is great for farming Magic Find zones. Its only drawback is the presence of good things to unleash its full potential, so you still have to knock out some of the equipment in order to pass Hell Difficulty more comfortably.
- Primary Skills: Tornado and Hurricane.
- Useful Skills: Cyclone Armor, Oak Sage and Summon Grizzly.
- All Skills:
- Elemental Skills: Hurricane (20), Tornado (20), Cyclone Armor (20), Twister (20), Arctic Blast (1).
- Shape Shifting Skills: None.
- Summoning Skills: Oak Sage (20), Summon Grizzly (1), Raven (1), Summon Spirit Wolf (1), Summon Dire Wolf (1).
The main skills for dealing damage will be Tornado and Hurricane (which, in addition to damage, will also significantly slow down monsters). Grizzly and Mercenary will be a great front line, distracting the monsters’ attention and allowing you to deal damage. Recast your Cyclone Armor when you get the chance – it absorbs a large amount of elemental damage and will save you more than once. Oak Sage significantly increases your maximum health, so you should keep an eye on him and summon him again as soon as possible in the event of his death.
The first skill that starts dealing enough damage to effectively kill monsters will appear at level 18 (Twister). Therefore, you can start levelling with Fire spells (Firestorm and Fissure) and redistribute skills at level 18 or 24 using the free Skill/Stats Reset from Akara (Act I, Den of Evil quest reward).
New skills are unlocked at 1, 6,12,18, 24 and 30 levels. Invest one point at a time in the skills recommended below as they become available, and then max out the primary skills. After the basic build is completed, the remaining points can be distributed in any skills you like.
- Level 1: Raven.
- Level 6: Arctic Blast, Oak Sage, Summon Spirit Wolf.
- Level 12: Cyclone Armor.
- Level 18: Twister, Summon Dire Wolf.
- Level 24: Tornado.
- Level 30: Hurricane, Summon Grizzly.
- Order of Maxing Skills: Hurricane, Tornado, Cyclone Armor.
- Rest Points: Twister, Oak Sage.
Most players level up Strength and Dexterity in order to be able to wear suitable equipment. Energy is ignored (at high levels due to equipment and the increase in mana per level, there are no problems with mana), and the remaining points are invested in Vitality to increase the maximum amount of health.
- Strength: 75-100 (depends on your equipment)
- Dexterity: 150-200 (blocking is important so try to get 70%+ chance to Block)
- Vitality: 150+ (all remaining points)
- Energy: 25-50 (putting some points early in the game helps with mana)
- Progression: At low levels put points in Strength to be able to use better equipment and Energy (if you have mana problems). Later in the game you can put some points in Dexterity for reaching high chance to Block. Remaining points put in Vitality.
Considering that this is a starter build, it is implied that the player will not have any good items or Uniques/Runewords, but only equipment that was obtained during levelling. Therefore, there will be only recommendations on what will be most useful for this build.
- Recommended Stats: + to Skills, Faster Cast Rate, Life, Mana, Resistances, Faster Run/Walk.
- Weapon and Shield: Spirit Runewords for Weapon and Shield is the best and cheapest option. Alternative – any unique weapon/shield with +to Skills and Mana or Faster Cast Rate bonuses.
- Armor: High Defense stat, Life, Resistances and Mana. +to All Skills will be great. Druid Pelts (class helm) – try to find one with +1-2 to Druid skills and/or + 2-3 to Hurricane/Tornado. For Boots Faster Walk/Run is a good bonus.
- Jewelry: Amulets with +1-3 to Elemental Skills (or +1-2 to Druid Skills) and other good stats. For rings – Mana, Resistances and Faster Cast Rate.
- Charms: Grand Charms with +1 to Elemental Skills, other Charms with Life, Mana, Resistances or Attributes (if you need more Strength).
- Magic Find: X% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (MF) on items would be a nice bonus. This will help you get good Rare or Unique equipment faster.
Recommended Uniques: Lidless Wall (Shield), Harlequin Crest (Helm), Skin of the Vipermagi (Body Armor), Frostburn (Gloves), Arachnid Mesh (Belt).
Recommended Runewords: Spirit (Weapon/Shield), Stealth (Body Armor), Lore (Helm). Full Starter Runewords list here.
Optimal for this build would be Act 2 Defense Mercenary (Holy Freeze). He can be recruited in the city in Act 2 (Difficulty Nightmare). Try to equip your mercenary as you level up, so he does not die so often and be useful. Another important feature is that the equipment your mercenary uses does not break, so ethereal items will be perfect.
Recommended for casters: Insight Runeword (Ral + Tir + Tal + Sol) Polearm. Cheap RW, provides Meditation aura that greatly boosts mana regeneration at low-mid levels.
Good stats for mercenary equipment: damage, life leech, high defense, resistances and damage reduction.
Weapon example: Steel Pillar or Tomb Reaver
Armor example: Stone Runeword (Shael + Um + Pul + Lum)
Helm example: Vampire Gaze
With this Diablo 2 Druid Starter Build you will have a chance to complete the game. If you want to see more complicated and better builds read Diablo 2 Resurrected Classes’ Builds or check directly Diablo 2 Druid Builds.
- 0 Comment
- August 24, 2021