Diablo 2 Resurrected is a coming back to good old classics. You will need to play much to achieve meaningful results. Some of the best Diablo 2 builds are described in our post here. As for this post, you will find the best starter build for Sorceress in Diablo 2. It will let you have a cheap and smooth start.
What are the advantages of the Blizzard Sorceress from Lightning or Fire? It is great for those who do not have or have not yet dropped out good equipment. Blizzard Sorceress has high damage even without expensive items and makes it very easy to farm various Magic Find spots for loot (such as Mephisto runs). Teleport will allow you to quickly move around the locations (which is very much lacking in other classes at the beginning of the game). As for the Immune monsters, you will either have to run them or wait until your Mercenary has deal with them.
- Primary Skills: Blizzard.
- Useful Skills: Teleport and Shiver Armor.
- All Skills:
- Cold Spells: Blizzard (20), Cold Mastery (20), Glacial Spike (20), Ice Blast (20), Ice Bolt (20), Frozen Armor (1), Frost Nova (1), Shiver Armor (1).
- Lightning Spells: Telekinesis (1), Teleport (1).
- Fire Spells: Warmth (1).
Your main spell will be Blizzard (up to level 24, use Ice Blast). This spell has a cooldown, which allows you to cast it in a monster pack and move beyond measure, allowing it to hold mobs while they take damage. At the same time, most of them will not even have time to get out of the Blizzard radius. All other skills are synergy for Blizzard, increasing its damage. An important note about Cold Mastery. It DOES NOT break Cold Immunity on monsters. This skill only subtracts from the Cold Resistance on mobs, increasing the Cold Damage they take.
Shiver Armor will help save monsters while teleporting around, freezing them up. As for Warmth, one point is enough, the rest will be given by bonuses to skills from equipment.
New skills are unlocked at 1, 6,12,18, 24 and 30 levels. Invest one point at a time in the skills recommended below as they become available, and then max out the primary skills. After the basic build is completed, the remaining points can be distributed in any skills you like.
- Level 1: Ice Bolt, Frozen Armor, Warmth.
- Level 6: Frost Nova, Ice Blast, Telekinesis.
- Level 12: Shiver Armor.
- Level 18: Glacial Spike, Teleport.
- Level 24: Blizzard.
- Level 30: Cold Mastery.
- Order of Maxing Skills: Blizzard, Ice Blast, Cold Mastery.
- Rest Points: Ice Bolt, Glacial Spike.
Most players level up Strength and Dexterity in order to be able to wear suitable equipment. Energy is ignored (at high levels due to equipment and the increase in mana per level, there are no problems with mana), and the remaining points are invested in Vitality to increase the maximum amount of health.
- Strength: 75-100 (depends on your equipment)
- Dexterity: 0 (ignore it because this build doesn’t aim for Max Block)
- Vitality: 200+ (all remaining points)
- Energy: 0-50 (putting some points early in the game helps with mana)
- Progression: At low levels put points in Strength to be able to use better equipment and Energy (if you have mana problems). Remaining points put in Vitality.
Considering that this is a starter build, it is implied that the player will not have any good items or Uniques/Runewords, but only equipment that was obtained during levelling. Therefore, there will be only recommendations on what will be most useful for this build.
- Recommended Stats: Faster Cast Rate, + to Skills, Life, Mana, Resistances, Faster Run/Walk.
- Weapon and Shield: Sorceress Orb with +3 to Blizzard or +X to Sorceress Skills (or +X to Cold Skills). For shield slot optimal will be Unique Shield with +to Skills and Mana or Faster Cast Rate bonuses.
- Armor: High Defense stat, Life, Resistances and Mana. +to All Skills will be great. For Boots Faster Walk/Run is a good bonus.
- Jewelry: Amulets with +1-3 to Cold Skills and other good stats. For rings – Resistances and Faster Cast Rate.
- Charms: Grand Charms with +1 to Cold Skills, other Charms with Life, Mana, Resistances or Attributes (if you need more Strength).
- Magic Find: X% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (MF) on items would be a nice bonus. This will help you get good Rare or Unique equipment faster.
Recommended Uniques: The Oculus (Sorceress Orb), Lidless Wall (Shield), Harlequin Crest (Helm), Skin of the Vipermagi (Body Armor), Magefist (Gloves), Arachnid Mesh (Belt).
Recommended Runewords: Spirit (Weapon/Shield), Stealth (Body Armor), Lore (Helm). Full Starter Runewords list here.
Optimal for this build would be Act 2 Defense Mercenary (Defiance). He can be recruited in the city in Act 2 (Difficulty – Normal or Hell). Try to equip your mercenary as you level up, so he does not die so often and be useful. Another important feature is that the equipment your mercenary uses does not break, so ethereal items will be perfect.
Recommended for casters: Insight Runeword (Ral + Tir + Tal + Sol) Polearm. Cheap RW, provides Meditation aura that greatly boosts mana regeneration at low-mid levels.
Good stats for mercenary equipment: damage, life leech, high defense, resistances and damage reduction.
Weapon example: Steel Pillar or Tomb Reaver
Armor example: Stone Runeword (Shael + Um + Pul + Lum)
Helm example: Vampire Gaze
With this Diablo 2 Sorceress Starter Build you will have a chance to complete the game. If you want to see more complicated and better builds read Diablo 2 Resurrected Classes’ Builds or check directly Diablo 2 Sorceress Builds.
- 0 Comment
- August 22, 2021