Deathwing is a bruiser hero from Warcraft universe. He is a unique hero with a permanent Unstoppable buff that allows him to ignore all enemy control. However, this has its downside – allies will not be able to buff or heal him. He also won’t be able to regenerate health in the Hall of Storms. He has the ability to switch between two forms – Destroyer and World Breaker. Destroyer and World Breaker is aimed at dealing maximum damage, while World Breaker form has crowd control abilities.
Deathwing - The Destroyer
After 1.5 seconds, Deathwing breathes a stream of flame, dealing 21 damage every 0.125 seconds. Drains 30 Energy per second.
After 0.75 seconds, Deathwing flaps his wings, dealing 65 damage to nearby enemies. World Breaker: Lava Burst Create a lava pool that damages and Slows
After 0.5 seconds, Deathwing lunges in a direction dealing 38 damage to enemies and Slowing them by 35% for 2 seconds. Deathwing bites enemies at the end of the lunge, dealing an additional 72 damage. World Breaker: Earth Shatter Damage and Stun enemies in two lines
After 3 seconds, fly into the sky, becoming Immune to all effects and gaining 2.5% Health per second. Once cast, this ability cannot be interrupted. Cannot be cast for 4 seconds after taking damage, Basic Attacking or casting an Ability.
After 2 seconds, Deathwing flies in the targeted direction, dealing 90 damage on impact and leaving scorched ground that deals 36 damage a second. Lasts 6 seconds.
Aspect of Death
Deathwing is fitted with 4 Armor Plates which grant 10 Armor each. Every 25% Health lost causes Deathwing to lose a plate. Plates are only restored when Dragonflight is used, based on the amount of Health Deathwing has when landing. Deathwing is also a mighty Dragon Aspect who is permanently Unstoppable and deals 100% additional Spell Damage to Heroes, but views his allies with contempt and ignores any of their friendly effects.
Talent Build Cheatsheet
|Copy build code*||[T2132111,Deathwing]|
*Select a hero, open talents, click on options near build variations and click paste build to enter the code into HOTS directly. After that, you will have the build from the current cheatsheet marked with hearts.
Useful Strategies and Tips
A lot of abilities that Deathwing uses will strike with a delay. So you need to aim to take that into account.
- Molten Flame consumes a lot of Energy but deals a lot of AoE damage. Try to use this skill against Heroes that cannot get out of the radius, for example, those that are stunned or under slow effects.
- Incinerate is great for situations where you are in the middle of a teamfight.
- Lava Burst is a great zoning tool and AoE damage with a short cooldown.
- Onslaught is one of the few skills that can serve both engage and dodge enemy Abilities.
- Earth Shatter will not only catch opponents but also is a great tool for knocking down channelled abilities.
- Cataclysm will serve as an excellent initiation of teamfight, it will also be good if opponents stay within the scorched ground, so it is very important to combine this skill with the crowd control of your team.
- Dragonflight replaces Mount. This skill will allow you to fly for a short time, therefore it is ideal for manoeuvring around the map. Also, Deathwing regenerates 2.5% maximum Health per second while flying. Remember that after landing you will not be able to use any Ability for 4 seconds.
Synergies and Counters
- Permanently Unstoppable
- Global mobility
- High Area damage and Crowd control
- Cannot be healed or buffed by allies
- Slow abilities animations
- 0 Comment
- October 27, 2020