World of Warcraft legendaries have been through a lot of changes pat through several years. This time Blizzard introduces a new approach to legendary items in World of Warcraft Shadowlands. The main idea is that you will need to craft the properties on weapons. So let’s have a closer look on how to forge legendary items in Shadowlands.
The other important implementation in WoW Shadowlands is Torghast a special instance which a player will need for many different in-game features. One of them is closely related to crafting legendary items. During the Torghast introductory questline, you will unlock the Runecarver. Moreover, Memory of the Runecarver Legendary recipes drop only if the Runecarver is unlocked by you.
The Runecarver is a special NPC located in the Torghast who can help you forge your weapons. To get into Torghast you will need to reach level 60 and pledge yourself to a covenant to open introductory questline to Torghast. After you complete the questline you will be able to enter Torghast via the portal at the back portion of Ve’nari Refuge in The Maw. The Runecarver’s chamber is in the right from the entrance.
How to Craft Legendary Gear
The process is simple, but you will need to work to get the required ingredients for craft. To create your Legendary Gear Piece, you will need:
- A Base Item (Each base item has four ranks and starts out at Rank 1. 10 crafts will unlock Rank 2, 20 more will unlock Rank 3, and a further 20 will unlock Rank 4.) – Base Items are the blank templates from which Legendary Items are created. Blacksmiths, Jewelcrafters, Leatherworkers, and Tailors will be able to craft Base Items. Base item recipes are found by playing max level content.
- 2 Stat Scrolls – These scrolls are created by players who have learned the Inscription profession.
- Soul Ash – You get Soul Ash by completing Torghast Tower (full run).
- The Memory of the Runecarver Legendary Recipe – They are obtained through specific means of acquisition, such as drops from raid or dungeon bosses.
Crafted Base Items
|Head||Grim-Veiled Hood||Shadowghast Helm||Umbrahide Helm||Boneshatter Helm|
|Shoulders||Grim-Veiled Spaulders||Shadowghast Pauldrons||Umbrahide Pauldrons||Boneshatter Pauldrons|
|Chest||Grim-Veiled Robe||Shadowghast Breastplate||Umbrahide Vest||Boneshatter Vest|
|Wrists||Grim-Veiled Bracers||Shadowghast Armguards||Umbrahide Armguards||Boneshatter Armguards|
|Hands||Grim-Veiled Mittens||Shadowghast Gauntlets||Umbrahide Gauntlets||Boneshatter Gauntlets|
|Belt||Grim-Veiled Belt||Shadowghast Waistguard||Umbrahide Waistguard||Boneshatter Waistguard|
|Pants||Grim-Veiled Pants||Shadowghast Greaves||Umbrahide Leggings||Boneshatter Greaves|
|Boots||Grim-Veiled Sandals||Shadowghast Sabatons||Umbrahide Treads||Boneshatter Treads|
Jewelcrafters can produce two Base Items:
Each base item has four ranks and starts out at Rank 1. 10 crafts will unlock Rank 2, 20 more will unlock Rank 3, and a further 20 will unlock Rank 4.
- Rank 1 (iLvl 195): Grim-Veiled Hood – 100 Shrouded Cloth, 25 Enchanted Lightless Silk
- Rank 2 (iLvl 210): Grim-Veiled Hood – 115 Shrouded Cloth, 35 Enchanted Lightless Silk
- Rank 3 (iLvl 225): Grim-Veiled Hood – 130 Shrouded Cloth, 45 Enchanted Lightless Silk
- Rank 4 (iLvl 235): Grim-Veiled Hood – 150 Shrouded Cloth, 55 Enchanted Lightless Silk
Inscriptionists can create Stat Scrolls, the components that defines which stats your Legendary piece will have. Each Legendary requires two Stat Scrolls.
Upgrading Your Legendary
You can upgrade legendary items for Soul Ashes. If your Legendary is Rank 1, Rank2, or Rank 3, you can upgrade it. The maximum Rank is Rank 4, iLevel 235. Upgrading your Legendary requires three things:
- Your current Legendary Item.
- A new Base Item of the same type as your Legendary and at the Rank that you want to upgrade to.
- 100 Soul Ash for each Rank that you are upgrading your Legendary.
Once you have those three things, take them to the Runecarver and it will help you upgrade your Legendary.
Since Soul Ash is gated at 100 per week, you’re not going to waste any Soul Ash if you craft a Legendary early. Every Rank 4 Legendary will cost 400 Soul Ash, whether it is created at Rank 4 or created at Rank 1 and upgraded.
- 0 Comment
- October 17, 2020