Some legendary weapons in World of Warcraft Classic are extremely useful and not only because of the damage. For example, some of them you can use for special causes. Of course, WoW Burning Crusade Classic has its own legendary items, but some of those from WoW Classic are useful in TBC as well. Here you can read more about Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian and how to get it.
What is Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian?
It is legendary stuff from WoW Classic that binds when you pick it up. Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian is obtainable by Warlocks, Mages, Druids, and Priests. You can see its stats below:
So Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian is a Two-handed staff with 130-243 damage. That is around 64.31 damage per second. It also grants +30 Stamina and +29 Intellect to the user.
In the picture you can see that it goes for Warlocks, but as we mentioned above you can also get it for a mage, a priest or a druid. But you’ll need to have the maximum level (60) to wear it.
Other versions of Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian give other stats. For Druid:+28 Stamina, +28 Intellect, +27 Spirit. For Mage: +31 Stamina, +32 Intellect, +24 Spirit. And for Priest: +28 Stamina, +28 Intellect, +27 Spirit. So the only thing that changes are the main stats. This is logical, you’ll need to have your relevant stats increased, but not random ones.
The sweetest things come in green colour. Those stats are what makes Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian special.
- Increases your spell critical strike rating by 28.
- Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 150.
- Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects of all party members within 30 yards by up to 33.
- Creates a portal, teleporting group members that use it to Karazhan. (1 Min Cooldown)
The last one is very useful if you want to get to Karazhan raid faster. But it is important to have the Master’s Key to enter Karazhan, so be attentive.
How to get Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian?
As we have already mentioned Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian binds to a player when picked up, so you cannot trade it. The only way to get it is to complete the steps from below:
- Farm Naxxramas to get 40 Splinter of Atiesh and combine them to form Frame of Atiesh. The splinters drop from bosses in Naxxramas if you play for a druid, a mage, a priest or a warlock.
- Begin the quest Frame of Atiesh and seek out Anachronos who will give you the follow-up quest Atiesh, the Befouled Greatstaff.
- Anachronos, a prominent member of the Bronze Dragonflight, stands guard outside the Caverns of Time in Tanaris.
- To complete the follow-up quest Atiesh, the Befouled Greatstaff you’ll need to kill two bosses to get the missing parts of the staff:
- Go to the Temple of Ahn’Qira raid and kill the final boss C’Thun to get the Base of Atiesh;
- Go to Naxxramas raid and kill the final boss Kel’Thuzad to get Staff Head of Atiesh;
- But that’s not the end as now when you get all the parts you’ll need to cleanse Atiesh, the Befouled Greatstaff:
- Go to Stratholme and find the “consecrated earth” to use the staff. How to find the “consecrated earth”? Easy! Go into Stratholme‘s side entrance and take a left. The “consecrated earth” is a glow on the ground just beyond the fountain in this circular room. Using the staff here will summon Atiesh.
- Kill Atiesh <Hand of Sargeras> to cleanse the staff from Sargeras’ corruption.
- Now you can return to Anachronos and he will reward you with the legendary staff Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian.
So the path to obtaining the legendary staff Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian is long and forces you to complete two raids Naxxramas (more than once to collect all the splinters) and the Temple of Ahn’Qira. And in addition, you’ll need to complete a questline and only after that, you’ll get it. But still, it is worth the effort.
- 0 Comment
- June 8, 2021