Here is a post about Darius champion from League of Legends. You will find brief information with tips and tips on how to play Darius. Read our Darius build and cheat sheet. In our League of Legends builds you will see the most popular and universal variation of any build.
Darius, the Hand of Noxus is one of the most favourite bruisers in League of Legends. All top lanners know that he can be a real threat thanks to his abilities and combos. Darius’ passive skill is called Hemorrhage and it does the following:
“Darius’s attacks and damaging abilities cause enemies to bleed for physical damage over 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.”
That’s why he is so popular if you know how to use Hemorrhage Darius becomes almost unstoppable. In our League of Legends Darius Build Guide, you will see the classic build for Darius. But he has got a lot of variations from a full tank to aggressive carry.
Darius Rune Set
The Rune set for Darius that we present below is designed for players who are familiar with him. So if you think that you play good you can sacrifice some defence to get more damage from sorcery branch.
If you want to learn to play Darius, you should take another secondary rune. The precision branch would stay the same, but instead of Sorcery take Resolve and the following runes there: Bone Plating and Demolish. Bonuses will be the same.
Everything depends on your playstyle. You can take any of the summoner spells above, but don’t change flash, of course.
Here you can see the priority of abilities that you need to level up to play Darius. The logic is the following. If R is active you max it if not you max Q and so on. But the first three skill points you spend one per each spell starting with Q, then W and E.
Darius Item Set
As we have already mentioned above Darius is a very versatile champion. The build that you can see above is new players friendly. You can play safely and still have decent damage staying on the winning side. You can build full tank Darius if you are losing or full AP tank in case there are a lot of AP damage champions on the opposite team. Darius will still cope with the situation.
General Tips and Darius Combos
We kindly share the tips and combos designed by RHOKU a Diamond player in League of Legends.
Using W as an AA reset
This is pretty simple and self explanatory but I’ll repeat it here. Almost always use W as an Auto Attack reset. An AA reset is basically something that lets you auto again without having to wait. So instead of doing just W, do a normal AA and then do W. The only exception to this rule is when the enemy can quickly dash around and you have no time to do both AA and W.
Cancelling W Animation
The biggest thing to remember for Darius though is the cancelling of his W animation. You use your empowered W on a target and then press Q just as Darius begins his auto attack animation. This way, Darius avoids the W animation but the attack still goes through. In terms of how this works, your Q disarms(when you cannot autoattack) you so you kinda apply CC to yourself. But your W avoids CC so if you start W before you start your Q, your W will go through anyway DURING the Q. If you add in an auto attack, you are left with an AA+W+Q combo that can get you 3 stacks in seconds. With Trinity Force, this combo will be able to chunk squishies down and do so VERY quickly. Get into practice tool and work on being able to do this combo reliable.
Buffering ULT and AA
- Buffering is basically using an ability or an attack before you can actually use it due to range or due to cast times. What this basically does is that after your champion gets in range or done channelling their previous ability, they are able to INSTANTLY use the ability/attack you buffered. This technique works with all champions but it applies well to Darius as well.
- If you are in a teamfight or are chasing your opponent down where your target is out of your R range, and your ultimate will immediately kill them, then the obvious thing is to Flash+R. But remember, if the enemy predicts that you will do this, then they can Flash too. In order to circumvent this, you have to press R on your target and THEN Flash. R+ Flash. In the opposite order. Why this is better is due to the fact that when you press R on someone, Darius will walk towards them and ult immediately as they get in range. So if you R before you Flash and are in Ult range with your opponent for mere milliseconds, then Darius will automatically begin ulting. And we all know that Darius Ultimate cannot be dodged once it begins.
- This technique essentially reduces the time window the enemy has to Flash or dash away to a bare minimum. It is super easy to do is also a plus. If you do not have your ultimate, you can also buffer your auto attacks with Flash in order to make them start instantly rather than giving yourself the opportunity to misclick and screw up an easy kill.
Usage of Flash
Darius is strongest when his Flash is up and here I have ALL the things you can do with it to seriously mess your opponents up. Flash is really the core of outplays as Darius so you should really master this summoner spell, especially if you want to be relevant in higher elos.
- Flash Q is an obvious thing you can come up with but in actuality, you should be performing it in the opposite order. I show you how you should be doing this in the video below but basically, the key idea is to Flash just before Darius swings his Q around, NOT when he winds it up. Remember, in League of Legends, the more time you give your opponent to react, the less successful you are going to be as they can counterplay you. Be lightning quick so that you can kill them before they can react. You should ideally be using this after getting your passive in a teamfight to apply your bleed to as many people as possible before going to town on them all and executing everything.
- Another usage of Flash is to use it for a quick engage. Flash E, though it isn’t the BEST engage, it can be certainly devastating when combined with the abilities of your team(Orianna R). It is also necessary you know how to use your E well in case you are your team’s sole tank/frontline.
- Both Flash Q and E will get better as you play more Darius and get used to his hitboxes and whatnot though.
- You can also Flash in the middle of your own ultimate in order to dodge damage while still executing the enemy.
- If you are fighting a mobile character like Ezreal for example, you can Flash W onto him and if he blinks away, he will be slowed enough so that you can catch up to him and pull him with E. This works against mobile enemies with dashes and whatnot that put them a bit outside your Pull range.
Making sure you land Q
Another thing is to guarantee that you land your Q. To do this, pull the enemy and then IMMEDIATELY Q them. This will make sure that your Q lands as the pull duration are long enough for Darius to do all of his Q animations. Do this into champions like Kayn, Master Yi, Zed, Riven and etc. who have VERY RELIABLE ways of avoiding your Q.
Counter Picks and Synergies
Actually if you are good with Darius you can beat almost any champion. But it counters by Wukong and Vayne greatly. Darius’ ULT can be cancelled by Wukong’s and Vayne can simply go invisible, stun you and even kill if she is fed.
- an potentially deal incredible amounts of damage
- Difficult to kill due to his tankiness
- Can win entire teamfights singlehandedly
- Is very good at exploiting mistakes
- Immobile and very easy to kite
- Missing E can sometimes mean certain death in some lanes
- Falls off and becomes more team reliant lategame
- 0 Comment
- February 9, 2021