Expanded Horizons is our huge free update for Mars Horizon. It’s our biggest one ever and includes:
- New Mission – NASA’s Perseverance Rover and the Ingenuity Helicopter which landed on 18 February 2021
- Reusable Vehicles – Reflecting real-world advancements by companies like SpaceX
- New Vehicle packs – 6 new vehicles from JAXA, ESA and other agencies
- Sandbox Mode – Heavily requested by the community the ultimate customisable Mars Horizon experience
- Iron Core Mode – Also community requested, the toughest way to play ever
- Lots of gameplay improvements – Such as a catch-up mechanic and some new cinematics
- New Custom Agency logo – Send our cow to space
- Nintendo Switch Demo – Try running your space agency on the go, landing 28th June
Improvements to gameplay
As well as all those lovely new additions we’ve made a lot of improvements to gameplay, take a look at the following list to find out what’s new and what’s changed!
- The menu header highlights now loop, as per community requests, so now you can cycle through headers more easily
- In-progress missions are better highlighted in the UI – we’ve added a pulse, a clipboard, and a research icon which are displayed when appropriate, so it’s always clear what missions are underway in your list
- Made the ‘Complete Task’ button in mission gameplay more obvious when it appears – now it’s highlighted and pulses slightly – it will be ghosted when it’s not applicable so it will be much more clear when you can finish a mission early
- Catch Up Mechanic – when you fail a mission the previously used parts will become cheaper and also build faster. A game changer! It makes catching up after a failed launch feel more manageable and it can lead to some great last minute changes in your fortune
- The agency icon size for the solar system screen is now on a slider for accessibility
- Bonus reward communication now improved, there is now an animated font and more ceremony in the results screen when these are achieved – this makes getting a Mission Bonus more rewarding!
- We’ve made your rivals’ failures more obvious – they are now going to pop up red, pulse, and they’ll have a unique icon next to them in the Solar System screen in the News Ticker. Now you can get a feeling of smug satisfaction when you notice a rival experiencing a setback!
- Improved the drift icon – in response to community feedback, we’ve made it more clear to know if it will swing to the left or right by the addition of indicator arrows
- China’s space shuttle now has an arm-based deployment cinematic, so now you can watch Chinese payloads being plucked from the cargo bay and positioned in space
- And last – but by no means least – there’s a new agency logo! It’s our new company logo, the Auroch Aurochs! We love it.
You can check it out right now!
- 0 Comment
- Press Releases
- June 22, 2021