Diablo 3 is one of the most popular aRPGs nowadays. For what is more it is a cross-platform game and you can play it on PC or on Console. But do they differ from each other? Let’s learn together in our post with Diablo 3 PC and Console Differences.
What platforms is Diablo 3 available on?
Diablo 3 is available on the following platforms:
- PC (Microsoft Windows),
- Mac (OS X),
- PlayStation (3/4/5),
- Xbox (360/One/Series X),
- Nintendo Switch
The game is great on all the platforms but what are the main differences? Let’s discuss it further.
Diablo III Editions
But first, you need to know that game has serval editions that main influence the number of features that you have.
- Diablo III (Standard Edition) – base game (PC, Mac and PS3 or Xbox 360)
- Diablo III: Battle Chest or Ultimate Evil Edition- base game plus Reaper of Souls expansion
- Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer – new class (Requires Diablo III: Reaper of Souls expansion and base game)
- Diablo III: Eternal Collection – base game, Reaper of Souls expansion and Rise of the Necromancer expansion
As you can see in order to open all in-game features you should buy Diablo III: Eternal Collection.
What are the main differences between PC and Consoles?
And here is finally the description of the main differences between Diablo 3 on PC and on Console.
- Interface. This is the first thing that catches the player’s eye. On consoles, it is different, and this applies not only to the main game screen. The inventory and the chest also look different, and if you only played on PC before, it will take time to get used to it, especially to the equipment process.
- Evade. On consoles, unlike PC, players have the ability to roll in any direction. This is available to all classes and has no cooldown, and is a great way to avoid enemy attacks.
- Nephalem Glory. Unlike PC, this buff works differently on consoles. On consoles, this buff doubles the damage and can also be obtained from Greater Rifts.
- Nemesis is a console only feature. This is a special kind of enemies that can attack you at any moment. These monsters could have killed one of the players from your Friends List, which will be indicated under the name of this monster (Nemesis, Killer of: * character name *). For killing him, you will receive valuable loot, if, of course, you are able to defeat him.
- Abilities damage. Some skills have different damage indicators, which significantly increase their ability to clear Rifts.
- Multiplayer features. If online multiplayer is important to you, it is better in the PC version of the game. Online consoles are much lower and there is no cross-platform multiplayer. However, consoles have better local multiplayer, especially on the Nintendo Switch. You can play anywhere with up to 4 players on a single console or wireless if you have multiple Nintendo Switch consoles.
- No Transfer. This is not entirely a difference, but remember that you will not be able to transfer a character from one platform to another.
It is up to you to make a choice what platform to play Diablo 3 on, but keep in mind the differences we’ve written about above.
- 0 Comment
- January 27, 2021